A great hearty option for a hungry appetite, our Chili Blanco recipe blends together a great potato soup recipe with green chilies, white beans, chicken and cheese. Experiment with garnishes to make this recipe your own.
- 2 pouches Idahoan® Scalloped Homestyle Casseroles
- 2 32-oz packages reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 shredded rotisserie chicken or 3 cans of chicken breast meat
- 2 cans of diced green chilies
- 1 15-oz can of white beans, rinsed
- Shredded Jack cheese
- Cilantro, lime wedges, chopped scallions for garnish if desired
- Heat chicken broth to a low boil.
- Remove product from packages of Idahoan Scalloped Homestyle Casseroles and place in a gallon-sized storage bag. Use a rolling pin to crunch up the pieces.
- Add potato pieces and Scalloped cheese blend to chicken broth and cook until tender.
- Reduce to a simmer and add chicken, diced green chilies and beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cheese just before serving or place in the bottom of soup bowl and ladle chili over the top.
- Add garnishes such as fresh chopped cilantro, lime wedge, or chopped scallions if desired.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!