Ready in 25 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 4 People
Get back to your Irish roots (or just pretend) with this authentic corned beef and cabbage recipe!
Corned Beef and Cabbage Mashed Potatoes
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan Baby Reds® Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can corned beef*
*This ingredient may contain gluten. If you’re targeting a gluten-free recipe option, make sure to check the label.
- Prepare Idahoan Baby Reds Flavored Mashed Potatoes according to package directions. Set aside.
- Cook chopped bacon in large pot over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the bacon drippings and then add cabbage.
- Stir well until cabbage is coated with fat.
- Add ⅓ cup water and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover pot with lid and cook until cabbage is tender.
- After 10 to 15 minutes add chunks of corned beef and bacon.
- Cover and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve in a bowl over the top of prepared Idahoan Baby Reds®.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!