The Indian spices in this dish make the kitchen smell as delicious as this soup tastes! Warm up some naan for an authentic finishing touch. This great recipe was the third place winner in our 2014 Soup Contest on Facebook. Congratulations to Susan L!
- 1 4-oz package of Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 32-oz boxes vegetable broth, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots blend
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 15-oz. cans diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 10-oz can tomato sauce
- 2 15-oz cans garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 8-oz bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped (optional)
- Place the diced onions and one tablespoon of the vegetable broth a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add the peas and carrots, cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric. Stir to
- mix in spices. Heat through, about five minutes.
- Add remaining vegetable broth, diced tomatoes and juice and tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, turn heat down to simmer.
- Add potatoes and garbanzo beans. Stir until potatoes are thoroughly incorporated. Simmer until heated through.
- Add baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!