The saying is “everything is better with bacon” and we couldn’t agree more! That is why we combined it with a rich, cheesy sauce in our Applewood Smoked Bacon Homestyle Casserole for a dish that is sure to quickly become a family favorite.Find In Store
Best for Golden Browning
- Preheat oven* to 450°F. Combine potatoes and sauce mix in 1½-quart baking dish.
- Stir in 1½ cups boiling water, ¾ cup milk, and 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine with whisk.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
Stove Top Preparation
- Heat potatoes and sauce mix, 1½ cups boiling water, ¾ cup milk, and 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine to boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to avoid boilover.
- Reduce heat, then cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
* Alternative cook times for a conventional oven:
- at 325 degrees, bake 45 – 50 min. or until tender
- at 350 degrees, bake 40 – 45 min. or until tender
- at 375 degrees, bake 35 – 40 min. or until tender
- at 400 degrees, bake 30 – 35 min. or until tender
- at 450 degrees, bake 20 min. or until tender
NOTE: If a more golden brown color is desired, bake 5 additional minutes.
Double batch: Bake at 400 degrees 35 – 40 min. or until tender.
IDAHO® POTATOES, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), NONFAT DRY MILK, DEHYDRATED ONION, TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (SOY FLOUR, CARAMEL COLOR), AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, SODIUM BICARBONATE, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, NATURAL FLAVORS (INCLUDING SMOKE), CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, XANTHAN GUM, PAPRIKA, PAPRIKA EXTRACT (COLOR), ANNATTO EXTRACT (COLOR), AND SOYBEAN OIL. FRESHNESS PRESERVED BY SODIUM BISULFITE.
CONTAINS: MILK, SOY