Bangers and Mash are a British classic but this one comes with a fruity twist. Sizzling bangers, buttery mashed potatoes and savory-sweet gravy: an unstoppable combo to make sure your midweek goes with a bang.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 pork sausages
- 1 onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 oz package Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ cup red wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup curly kale, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the sausages for 10 minutes, over medium heat, until cooked through and browned.
- Add the onion and continue to cook 5 more minutes.
- Prepare the Idahoan Buttery Homestyle mashed potatoes according to package instructions.
- To make the gravy, add the stock to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a gentle simmer.
- Mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of the stock to make a paste and then add it back into the stock, whisking to ensure there are no lumps. Add the wine, if using.
- And now for the twist: stir the cranberries and fried onions into the gravy.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and cook broccoli for 3-4 minutes, until just tender, adding in the kale for the last 1 minute of cooking time. Drain.
- Divide the mashed potatoes between 3 plates. Top with sausages, gravy and vegetables.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!