An unconventional ingredient for a classic recipe! Using our Italian Sausage Soup gives this biscuits and gravy recipe a delicious head-start!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup butter, cold and cut into small dice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-4 oz packages Idahoan Italian Sausage Soup
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter, using a fork or pastry tool.
- Add the buttermilk and cheese, alternating a little of each at a time and mix until blended with the flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to ½ inch thickness. Using a biscuit cutter, cut into 12 rounds and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for five minutes at 425°F, then reduce temperature to 400°F and bake for 5-7 minutes more or until lightly golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare Italian Sausage Soup following package directions. NOTE: For thicker “gravy”, reduce liquid by ¼ cup.
- Split biscuits in half, spoon gravy on and serve.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!