Four Cheese Mashed Potato Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms make a fast and filling vegetarian main course hot off the grill or turn this recipe into an appetizer by using cremini mushrooms.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Four Cheese Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 2-4 large portobello mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded
- 2 Tbsp bell pepper, diced and lightly sautéed
- 2 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F or grill to 400°F.
- Clean the mushrooms and rub with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a foil lined baking tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes until tender. Or if grilling, turn mushrooms once or twice while cooking on the grill until tender.
- While mushrooms are cooking, prepare Idahoan® Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese and the peppers.
- When mushrooms are cooked, sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper and stuff with the mashed potatoes.
- Top with the scallions and serve hot.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!