Ready in 20 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 4 People
Four Cheese Mashed Potato Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms make a fast and filling vegetarian main course hot off the grill or turn this recipe into an appetizer by using cremini mushrooms.
Four Cheese Mashed Potato Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Tip: Use cremini mushrooms and serve as appetizers.
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Four Cheese Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 2-4 large portobello mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded
- 2 Tbsp bell pepper, diced and lightly sautéed
- 2 Tbsp scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F or grill to 400°F.
- Clean the mushrooms and rub with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on a foil lined baking tray.
- Bake for 5 minutes until tender. Or if grilling, turn mushrooms once or twice while cooking on the grill until tender.
- While mushrooms are cooking, prepare Idahoan Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese and the peppers.
- When mushrooms are cooked, sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper and stuff with the mashed potatoes.
- Top with the scallions and serve hot.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!