Cannoli gets a unique filling with this recipe for Mashed Potato Stuffed Cannoli. An appetizer sure to get your guests talking.
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 2 Tbsp green onion, washed and chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- In a non stick skillet on medium high heat, scatter shredded Parmesan in a 3 to 4 inch diameter, keeping the cheese loose to create a lacy effect.
- Cook until golden brown on one side and gently flip over to brown on the other side – about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, quickly and carefully wrap the each warm cannoli around the handle to form a cylinder. Gently slide off and set aside. Repeat to make approximately 25 cannoli.
- Stir the green onion and parsley into the prepared Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Cover and cool slightly.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, but still warm, put them in a pastry bag and carefully fill the Parmesan cannoli tubes with the mashed potatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!