Warm and cozy individual pot pies are ready in minutes using Idahoan® Creamy Potato soup topped with a golden puff pastry crust.
- 1 - 7.1 oz pouch of Idahoan® Creamy Potato Hearty Soup, prepared following package directions; reducing water by ½ cup
- 2 small russet Idaho® potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup leek, cleaned and sliced thin, or ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 8 oz prepared Italian-Style Beef Roast (Hormel), cut into cubes, or use leftover steak, roast beef or chicken if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Store bought puff pastry sheets, thawed but kept in the fridge
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set 4-6 individual oven-proof baking dishes or oven-proof cups on a baking sheet.
- In a 2 quart pot, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add potato cubes and cook until soft (al dente). Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat a medium size sauté pan. Add a tsp of oil and sauté the leeks and garlic together just until translucent. Add the Idahoan® Creamy Potato Hearty Soup, peas and carrots, beef, salt and pepper. Stir to combine then gently fold in cooked potatoes. Add parsley and stir.
- Divide the filling among the baking dishes.
- Unfold the pastry sheets and cut circles just a bit larger than the baking dishes. Place each pastry circle on top of each dish and press the edges to seal. Brush with egg and cook for 15-20 minutes or until crust is puffed and golden.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!