Ready in 10 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 10 People
Spinach Dip in Mini Baguettes
Author: Leti Torres
Idahoan@ Three Cheese Chipotle soup adds dimension and flavor to this spinach dip. Spoon dip into mini baguettes for a unique way to eat your vegetables and impress your guests at the same time.
- ¾ cup (one half bag) Idahoan® Three Cheese Chipotle Soup, prepared following package instructions for half bag
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and chopped, or 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed thoroughly and drained of any extra moisture
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- Pinch red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 thin baguette
- Assorted vegetables cut into strips for dip: bell peppers, carrots, celery, snap peas etc.
- Cook soup for 10 minutes, adding the milk during the last minute.
- While the soup is still fairly hot, mix in the cream cheese and mozzarella and blend until melted.
- Add the spinach, chives, garlic, and seasonings into the mixture and stir.
- Cut the baguette on a diagonal into 2 or 2 ½ inch pieces, leaving one side with a flat bottom so it stands on its own. Pull out some of the bread in the middle of each piece then fill with the dip.
- Fill each bread “cup” with about 2 tablespoons dip and add 3-4 pieces of sliced vegetables.
- Garnish with celery leaves and serve.
- Place any extra dip in a separate bowl for re-fills.
Dip can also be served in a traditional bread bowl that has been hollowed out. Use the extra bread for dipping alongside vegetables.