There’s no better way to start a savory Au Gratin Homestyle Casserole than with world-famous Idaho® potatoes, which is why you’ll taste only 100% grown-in-Idaho potatoes in this rich & cheesy side. For family meals or for special occasions, this cheesy, delicious dish is sure to please.
|3.95 oz box||SKU# 29700 00166|
Oven DirectionsBest for Golden Browning
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F. COMBINE potatoes and sauce mix in 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- STIR in 1 1/2 cups boiling water, 3/4 cup milk, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. margarine or butter with whisk.
- BAKE uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving.
- BAKING NOTES: To prepare 2 casseroles at once, double all ingredients, increase baking dish size accordingly, and bake about 30 min. To bake potatoes and roast meat at the same time, bake at 375°F for about 45 min; 350°F for about 50 min; or 325°F for about 60 min.
Stove Top Directions
- HEAT potatoes and sauce mix, 1 1/2 cups hot water, 3/4 cup milk, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. margarine or butter to boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to avoid boilover.
- REDUCE HEAT, then COVER and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and sauce reaches desired consistency (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving.
IDAHO® POTATO SLICES (PRESERVED WITH SODIUM BISULFITE), WHEY, SALT, ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR BLEACHED (CONTAINING NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), WHEAT STARCH, DRIED ONION, NONFAT MILK, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, SODIUM BICARBONATE, DRIED GARLIC, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM CASEINATE, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, CITRIC ACID, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ANNATTO EXTRACT, PAPRIKA EXTRACT, SODIUM CITRATE, YELLOW #5 AND YELLOW #6 AND LESS THAN 2.0% SILICON DIOXIDE ADDED AS AN ANTI-CAKING AGENT.