There’s no better way to start a savory Au Gratin Homestyle Casserole than with world-famous Idaho® potatoes, which is why you’ll taste only 100% grown-in-Idaho potatoes in this rich & cheesy side. For family meals or for special occasions, this cheesy, delicious dish is sure to please.
Best for Golden Browning
- Preheat oven* to 450°F. Combine potatoes and sauce mix in 1½-quart baking dish.
- Stir in 2 cups boiling water, ¾ cup milk, and 1½ Tbsp. butter or margarine with whisk.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
Stove Top Preparation
- Heat potatoes and sauce mix, 2 cups boiling water, ¾ cup milk, and 1½ Tbsp. butter or margarine to boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to avoid boilover.
- Reduce heat, then cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
* Alternative cook times for a conventional oven:
- at 325 degrees, bake 45 – 50 min. or until tender
- at 350 degrees, bake 40 – 45 min. or until tender
- at 375 degrees, bake 35 – 40 min. or until tender
- at 400 degrees, bake 30 – 35 min. or until tender
- at 450 degrees, bake 20 min. or until tender
NOTE: If a more golden brown color is desired, bake 5 additional minutes.
Double batch: Bake at 400 degrees 35 – 40 min. or until tender.
|Prepared Serving Size||1/2 cup|
|Serving per Container||5|
|Calories from fat||50|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1.5g*||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
IDAHO® POTATO SLICES (PRESERVED WITH SODIUM BISULFITE), MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CONTAINS ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: COCONUT, PALM, SOYBEAN, COTTONSEED, SUNFLOWER, CANOLA), CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, WHEY, CHEESE BLEND (WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, REDUCED LACTOSE WHEY, CANOLA OIL, CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE [CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES], SALT, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, BUTTER, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVOR, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, AUTOLYZED YEAST, TORULA YEAST, ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF ANNATTO EXTRACT, CORN STARCH, DEHYDRATED GARLIC, DEHYDRATED ONION, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, MALTODEXTRIN, MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, NATURAL FLAVOR, PAPRIKA EXTRACT, SILICON DIOXIDE (ANTICAKING AGENT), SODIUM CASEINATE, SOY LECITHIN, SOYBEAN OIL, SPICES, XANTHAN GUM, YELLOW NO.5.
CONTAINS: MILK & SOY