There’s no better way to start a hearty Scalloped Homestyle Casserole than with world-famous Idaho® potatoes, which is why you’ll taste only 100% grown-in-Idaho potatoes in this rich & creamy side. For family meals or for special occasions, this creamy, delicious dish is sure to please.
Best for Golden Browning
- Preheat oven* to 450°F. Combine potatoes and sauce mix in 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Stir in 2 cups boiling water, 3/4 cup milk, and 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine with whisk.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
Stove Top Preparation
- Heat potatoes and sauce mix, 2 cups boiling water, 3/4 cup milk, and 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine to boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to avoid boilover.
- Reduce heat, then cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
* Alternative cook times for a conventional oven:
- at 325 degrees, bake 45 – 50 min. or until tender
- at 350 degrees, bake 40 – 45 min. or until tender
- at 375 degrees, bake 35 – 40 min. or until tender
- at 400 degrees, bake 30 – 35 min. or until tender
- at 450 degrees, bake 20 min. or until tender
NOTE: If a more golden brown color is desired, bake 5 additional minutes.
Double batch: Bake at 400 degrees 35 – 40 min. or until tender.
|Prepared Serving Size||1/2 cup|
|Serving per Container||5|
|Calories from fat||60|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g*||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrates 21g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.|
IDAHO® POTATO SLICES (PRESERVED WITH SODIUM BISULFITE), MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, DEHYDRATED ONION, SALT, VEGETABLE OIL (CONTAINS ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: COCONUT, PALM, SOYBEAN, COTTONSEED, SUNFLOWER, CANOLA), WHEY, CHEDDAR CHEESE BLEND (WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, REDUCED LACTOSE WHEY, CANOLA OIL, CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE [CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES], SALT, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, NATURAL FLAVOR), CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, BUTTER POWDER (MALTODEXTRIN, BUTTER [CREAM, SALT], NONFAT DRY MILK, BUTTERMILK, SALT, CANOLA OIL, SOUR CREAM [CULTURED CREAM, NONFAT DRY MILK], DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, NATURAL & ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, LACTIC ACID, CITRIC ACID), CORN STARCH, SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM BICARBONATE, SOY LECITHIN, XANTHAN GUM, CELERY SEED, CITRIC ACID, SPICE, MALTODEXTRIN, SODIUM CASEINATE, DIPOTASSIUM PHOSPHATE, MONO & DIGLYCERIDES, EXTRACTIVES OF ANNATTO AND TURMERIC (COLOR), SILICON DIOXIDE (ANTICAKING AGENT).
CONTAINS: MILK & SOY