Ready in 17 minutes
Complexity: Slight Challenge
Serves 4 People
Applewood Smoked Bacon Mashed Stuffed Trout evokes the flavors of camping, whether the trout are pulled from a stream or fresh from the local market, made over a fire, hot off the grill or served right from the oven.
Applewood Smoked Bacon Mashed Stuffed Trout
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Applewood Smoked Bacon Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 4 medium size trout, cleaned and rinsed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Divide the dry packet of Applewood Smoked Bacon Flavored Mashed Potatoes in half.
- Using half of the dry mashed, lightly dust both sides of the trout.
- Prepare the remaining half of the potatoes using one cup of hot water.
- Stuff the trout with the prepared mashed potatoes.
- Add pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
- On stove top, add a little olive oil to a cast iron skillet and bring to medium high heat.
- Sear the trout on both sides, about one minute per side.
- Turn off the heat and place the skillet in the oven.
- Continue cooking the trout for 10-12 minutes or until trout is opaque and flakey.