Serve Idahoan Fall Potato Casserole for breakfast or as a nice accompaniment to your favorite meat and vegetables for dinner. Or both!
- 3 (4 ounce) packages Idahoan Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes, dry
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoon grated onion, or 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 1 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, blend Idahoan potatoes, pepper and salt, sage and onions.
- Gradually add the water and mix well.
- Make a well in the potatoes and add the eggs, stirring to incorporating the potatoes a little at a time with the eggs (the hot potatoes will help temper the eggs).
- Continue to blend eggs until all the potatoes are well incorporated.
- Stir in half of the cheese and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. A knife will come out clean when done.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Serve as a side with your favorite meat and vegetable.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!