This recipe for Smashed Potatoes offers an interesting new twist on mashed potatoes. They also make tasty work of leftovers and those crispy bits of baked on cheese are completely irresistible! Great as a side dish but also a strong option for a main course (think Meatless Monday) paired with a salad.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Baby Reds® Mashed Potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup green onion, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Prepare Idahoan® Baby Reds® Mashed Potatoes following package instructions.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet or a ovenproof skillet on medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Divide the mashed potatoes into 4 scoops and place on the skillet.
- Top each with green onions, then with the cheese, dividing the toppings evenly among the potatoes.
- Cook until bottom of the potatoes begin to crisp, then place the skillet in the oven and continue to cook until cheese is melted on top, about 7 minutes.
- Serve alone or as a side with meatloaf, steak or chicken.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!