Ready in 45 minutes
Complexity: Slight Challenge
Serves 6 People
If you’ve ever enjoyed the sweet and salty match up of a slice of cheddar and a crisp apple, you’ll love this recipe – a wonderful addition to brunch or as a side dish for pork.
Cheese and Apple Hash Browns
- 1 package Idahoan® Steakhouse Cheesy Hashbrowns
- ½ cube unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
Optional: ⅓ cup sliced almonds, chopped pecans or walnuts. Onion topping included in Steakhouse package is optional – your choice.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rehydrate Steakhouse Cheesy Hashbrowns and set aside.
- Melt butter in pan and add brown sugar, sliced apple and nuts if using.
- Once apples are tender, cover apple mixture with Cheesy Hashbrowns (Note: hash browns must be fully rehydrated with no water left).
- Bake for 25 minutes. If you choose to bake in the skillet please make sure that you have a metal handle on the skillet and be careful to handle with an oven mitt. Add onion topping if you want the full sweet and savory taste.