Effective Date: May 1, 2018
This Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information (“Privacy Statement”) applies to Idahoan Foods, LLC. and its worldwide subsidiaries (“Idahoan,” “we” or “our”). This Privacy Statement also does not apply to the websites of our Business Partners (as defined below) or to any other third parties, even if their websites are linked to our website. We recommend you review the privacy statements of the other parties with which you interact.
This Privacy Statement governs Personal Information we collect from our customers and from our website and other online visitors (“you” or “your”), as well as information we automatically collect from your online visits (e.g. data collected via cookies).
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Business Partner” means any subcontractor, vendor or other entity with whom we have an ongoing business relationship to provide products, services or information. “Personal Information” means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, telephone number, email address, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and location data.
- Information Collected
- How We Use Personal Information
- How We May Share Personal Information
- How You Can Access Your Information
- Your EU Data Protection Rights
- Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and Creation of Customized Profiles about You
- How We Secure Your Personal Information
- Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- Social Media Features
- Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
- Changes to This Privacy Statement
- Contacting Us
- Country Specific Privacy
Information We Collect
We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you:
- Use our websites or applications;
- Place orders for products
- Participate in surveys, promotional activities online or in any other venue;
- Provide a testimonial
- Contact us.
Categories of Personal Information we collect may include your name, email address, home address, contact telephone numbers, user IDs and passwords. We may also collect demographic information, such as your age, gender, interests, and preferences. Forms that you choose to complete will indicate whether information requested is mandatory or voluntary. If you make a purchase, we may ask for your credit card number and billing information.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with Idahoan, information collected through one source may be combined with information Idahoan obtains through other sources. This may include information that allows us to identify you across multiple devices through which you access our websites. We may also supplement the information we collect with information obtained from other parties, including our Business Partners and other third parties to create customized profiles about you. Examples of how we may use this information include using your data to help us to improve your experience using our website, to present you with options tailored to your preferences and for targeted advertising purposes as explained below.
California residents may request a copy of their Personal Information we have and may request that we delete it or correct it.
You may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 1 (800) 746-7999 or by mail using the details provided below:
Idahoan Foods, LLC [Re: Privacy Compliance Officer] 900 Pier View Dr., Suite 100, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402-4972, United States
Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect behavioral and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Idahoan websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL). of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site.
Information from Third Party Sources
We may obtain information about you from third party sources such as public databases, our Business Partners, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, and from other third parties. We may use the information to better understand you to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, products and services to you and to help prevent and detect fraud.
How We Use Personal Information
Idahoan may use your Personal Information to
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support or carry out the transactions you have requested;
- Send communications to you, including information about product safety, your transaction status including notifications about products in your cart and order confirmations, specific Idahoan programs in which you have chosen to participate, products, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate your use of our website
- Customize, analyze and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interests and interactions with our site;
- Personalize content and implement your preferences;
- Enforce our conditions of sale, website terms and separate contracts (if applicable) with you;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses, and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
Legal Basis of Processing
Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Statement will depend on the Personal Information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. In general, we collect and process your Personal Information on one or more of the following bases:
- To comply with a contractual obligation (for example, using your shipment details to make delivery where you have bought a product from us or using your personal details where you have asked us to do something before making a purchase, such as providing you with a quote). We will advise you upon collection whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory and of the possible consequences if you do not provide us with your information.
- For compliance with Idahoan’s legal obligations where other laws require the processing of your personal information (for example, health and safety, taxation and anti-money laundering laws) or where we need your personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- Idahoan’s (and its Business Partners’) legitimate interests which include the provision of this website and/or relevant products and services, and/or the carrying out of marketing and profiling activities, provided always that our legitimate interests are not outweighed by any prejudice or harm your rights and freedoms.
If you have any questions or need more information concerning the legal basis on which we collect your Personal Information, please contact us at privacy@Idahoan.com.
Retention of Your Data
We will retain your Personal Information as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, for as long as your account is active, and in accordance with Idahoan’s retention policies and applicable law.
Idahoan may transfer your Personal Information to other companies within the Idahoan group and/or to its Business Partners, if required for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. This may involve the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside your home country or region, including outside the European Economic Area if that is your region, which may have a different level of data protection from your home country. Such countries may include, without limitation, the United States and other countries in which Idahoan or its subsidiaries, affiliates or Business Partners maintain facilities. In order to provide adequate protection for the transfer of your Personal Information, we have in place contractual arrangements (as appropriate) with our subsidiaries, affiliates and Business Partners in respect of such transfers. We will take all reasonable technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information we transfer.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with Idahoan subsidiaries or Business Partners for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, including (without limitation) to carry out transactions you request, or to make our business (or that of our subsidiaries) more responsive to your needs. Our subsidiaries and/or Business Partners may contact you with information about Idahoan, and Idahoan-branded products, services or offers. We will only share your Personal Information with Idahoan subsidiaries and Business Partners who agree to protect your Personal Information and use it solely for the purposes specified by Idahoan.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in connection with law enforcement, fraud prevention or other legal action; as required by law or regulation; if Idahoan (or a part of Idahoan) is sold or merges with another company; or if Idahoan reasonably believes it is necessary to protect Idahoan, its customers or the public.
How You Can Access Your Information
Idahoan wants to help you keep your Personal Information accurate. To view or edit your Personal Information that has been stored online in your Idahoan account, please visit the My Account sections of the Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com website. For the security of your account, you will be required to sign in with your login ID and password. You may also visit our Data Subject Access Request Form to request a copy of your data, or submit a request to have your data removed.
Your EU Data Protection Rights
Where the processing of your Personal Information is subject to EU data protection laws, you have the following data subject rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions as specified in applicable law:
- Access: you have the right to request information about how we process your Personal Information and to obtain a copy of that Personal Information.
- Rectification: you have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you and for any incomplete Personal Information about you to be completed.
- Objection: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information (subject to certain conditions).
- Automated decision-making: you have the right not to have a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: you have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Information, so that we no longer process that information until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: you have the right to receive your Personal Information, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your Personal Information infringes applicable data protection law.
If you have any questions about the type of Personal Information we hold about you or if you wish to request deletion or correction of Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right, please send a written request to privacy@Idahoan.com or to the postal address provided at the bottom of this Privacy Statement. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose restrictions or requirements upon such requests if required or permitted by applicable law.
Selecting Your Communication Preferences, Opting Out of Marketing and the Creation of Customized Profiles about You
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from Idahoan by indicating your preferences. Opportunities to select your preferences include the following:
- You can click “unsubscribe” in any marketing email communications we send you, or by sending us an email at privacy@Idahoan.com;
- The My Account sections on Idahoan.com and Idahoanfoods.com allow you to choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from Idahoan, and to subscribe or unsubscribe to newsletters about our products and services;
- You can visit our List Removal Page to manage your marketing preferences or submit a request to be removed from our advertising and marketing lists (telephone, faxes and email); and
- When you save a cart while shopping online, you can choose to receive email reminders;
- You can email us at privacy@Idahoan.com to opt-out of allowing us to create a customized profile about you.
Any marketing by Idahoan, or any third parties on behalf of Idahoan, will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws and include (where applicable) methods to allow you to express your preferences (including the possibility of being removed from our advertising and marketing lists as set out above).
Please allow up to 10 business days for your email preferences to take effect. As some promotions, such as direct mail catalogs, are developed in advance, you may sometimes receive marketing communications after we receive your preference request. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you in connection with transactions you request and/or service related matters.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
Idahoan takes all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details;
- Having in place technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that we and our Business Partners have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure; and
- Where required by law, destroying or de-identifying Personal Information.
We encourage you to keep any passwords you use confidential and to be careful to avoid “phishing” scams where someone may send you an email that appears to be from Idahoan asking for your personal information. Idahoan will not request your ID or password through email.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
Idahoan takes children’s privacy seriously. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 through our websites. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not submit any Personal Information through our websites without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a piece of text that is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Depending on the settings you have selected, your browser adds the text to your device as a small file. Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies as you prefer. The Help portion of your web browser, most likely found on the toolbar, typically tells you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Idahoan’s essential features, including allowing you to save a Shopping Cart and remembering items in your Shopping Cart between visits. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Idahoan websites and services that depend on cookies.
Idahoan values your privacy. The following is a non-comprehensive list of cookies that may be used during your visit to Idahoan.com.
|Name||Purpose of Cookie||More Details|
|Idahoan.com, Idahoanfoods.com||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||Learn more|
|Google.com||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|Twitter.com||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|Facebook.com||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|Instagram.com||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|Pinterest.com||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|TikTok||Consumer Communication, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|Destini.co||Ad Targeting, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
|Tidio Live Chat||Consumer Communication, Analytics/Measurement Content, Customization||“Learn more”|
Targeted Display Advertising by Idahoan and Others
“Do Not Track” Signals
Targeted Email Marketing by Idahoan
Some marketing you receive, including email marketing, may also be personalized based on your visits to Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com, and your browsing and purchase history. In addition, when you click on some links in email marketing you receive, our email service provider may place a cookie on your browser. This type of cookie would be linked to your email address or IP address and used to gather information about the products and services you view and purchase on Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com. Information gathered may be used to personalize and customize future email marketing messages you receive. You may opt out of this use by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in every personalized email marketing message you receive.
How We and Our Partners Use Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology
Idahoan or its Business Partners may use web beacons on our websites, in our email messages, in our advertisements on other websites, or in our advertisements in others’ email messages. Similarly, third parties whose content or advertisements appear at Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com, or whose email messages Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com, sends to our users, may also place web beacons in their advertisements or email messages for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of the content, advertisements or email messages.
A web beacon is an electronic image that can be used to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email message. Web beacons help us measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising in various ways. For example, web beacons may count the number of individuals who visit our website from a particular advertisement or who make a purchase from our website after viewing a particular advertisement or they may tell us when a web page is viewed and provide a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. Web beacons may also measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns, by counting the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message, determining when an email message is opened and determining how many times an email message is forwarded. Subject to local laws, we may combine the information that we collect through web beacons with other Personal Information we have collected from you.
We may allow some of our Business Partners to compile individual or aggregated statistics from the use of web beacons on Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com, by Idahoan, its agents or others, to determine the effectiveness of online marketing and to develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s site. Aggregate information may include demographic and usage information. No Personal Information about you is shared with Business Partners for this research.
When you visit our websites or view one of our email messages, we may use pixel tags (also called “clear” gifs), tracking links and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit on our websites. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports. We may use the information collected through web beacons, pixel tags, tracking links and similar technology in combination with your Personal Information to personalize your experience on Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com, and to provide you with more useful and relevant advertisements.
Social Media Features
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
Please be aware that Idahoan provides links to other websites, which if you click on them may collect Personal Information about you. The information practices of those third-party websites linked to Idahoan.com or Idahoanfoods.com are not covered by this Privacy Statement. We generally use the ” ” symbol or otherwise provide notice to mark links that go to third party websites.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If we make changes to this Privacy Statement or make any material changes to how we use your Personal Information, we will revise this Privacy Statement to reflect such changes and revise this Privacy Statement’s effective date, included at the end of this section. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are using and protecting your Personal Information.
Idahoan Foods LLC
Attention: Data Protection
900 Pier View Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83402