There’s no better way to start a hearty Scalloped Homestyle Casserole than with world-famous Idaho® potatoes, which is why you’ll taste only 100% grown-in-Idaho potatoes in this rich & creamy side. For family meals or for special occasions, this creamy, delicious dish is sure to please. Now in convenient family size!Buy Now Find In Store
Best for Golden Browning
- Preheat oven* to 450°F. Combine potatoes and sauce mix in 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Stir in 3 cups boiling water, 3/4 cup milk, and 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine with whisk.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
Stove Top Preparation
- Heat potatoes and sauce mix, 3 cups boiling water, 3/4 cup milk, and 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine to boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Watch carefully to avoid boilover.
- Reduce heat, then cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes before serving (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
* Alternative cook times for a conventional oven:
- at 325 degrees, bake 45 – 50 min. or until tender
- at 350 degrees, bake 40 – 45 min. or until tender
- at 375 degrees, bake 35 – 40 min. or until tender
- at 400 degrees, bake 30 – 35 min. or until tender
- at 425 degrees, bake 25 – 30 min. or until tender
NOTE: If a more golden brown color is desired, bake 5 additional minutes.
Double batch: Bake at 400 degrees 35 – 40 min. or until tender.
IDAHO® POTATO SLICES, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, DRIED ONION, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, COCONUT OIL, WHEY, SUGAR, BUTTERMILK POWDER, NONFAT MILK, SOUR CREAM (CREAM, NONFAT MILK, CULTURES), CHEDDAR AND BLUE CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), SODIUM BICARBONATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, XANTHAN GUM, SOYBEAN OIL, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, BUTTER (CREAM, SALT), AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SPICE, PARSLEY, TURMERIC EXTRACT (COLOR), PAPRIKA EXTRACT (COLOR). FRESHNESS PRESERVED BY SODIUM BISULFITE.