Ready in 45 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 4 People
Garlic Parmesan Potato and Fennel Tart
Puff Pastry topped with creamy Idahoan® Potatoes and other flavorful ingredients like fennel, arugula and thyme makes this tart great for dinner, or a pre-dinner treat.
- 1 cup Idahoan Baby Reds with Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Mashed Potatoes, prepared following package instructions
- 1 sheet store-bought pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons horseradish cream
- ½ fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped fine
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thin (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- ¼ cup shaved or shredded Parmesan
- 1 cup fresh rocket or arugula
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 8 x 8 square tart pan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut strips measuring 1 inch wide from the edges of the pastry sheet. Place remaining square of pastry on the baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper. Lay the cut strips around the edges of the pastry sheet to form a border. Brush the entire tart with egg wash.
- Spread the horseradish cream over the pastry.
- In a bowl, place the fennel, thyme, garlic, olive oil red onion and salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Spread the Idahoan Parmesan Garlic Mashed on top of the horseradish cream spreading evenly. Top with the fennel mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Top with rocket or arugula, chives, Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.