Idaho® Potato Bunny Cakes are the perfect way to get something substantial into your family before the cellophane grass goes flying.
- ⅔ cup Idahoan Original or Buttery Homestyle Mashed Potatoes, dry
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 3 cups of your favorite multigrain pancake or baking mix
- 5 beaten eggs
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 sticks butter whipped with 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 banana for garnish
- currants or tiny raisins, for garnish
- Pour boiling water over potato flakes and whisk until smooth. Add milk and whisk again. Whisk in eggs and pancake mix. Add vegetable oil.
- Heat skillet or pancake griddle to 375°F. Lightly grease.
- Spoon ¼ cup of batter in a circle in the center of the pan and heat until bubbles rise to surface. Flip and cook other side. Make 8 pancakes. Keep warm.
- Make an additional 8 smaller pancakes, using about ⅛ cup pancake batter for each. Keep warm.
- Using a spoon drizzle pancake batter in pan to make 16 ears, and 16 feet, shaping into oblongs.
- On each plate, place one large and one small round pancake. Adorn with ears and feet.
- Decorate pads of feet with banana slices and raisins for the toe pads.
- Whip butter and powdered sugar to make sweetened butter. Using a pipette, form a tail on the back of each bunny cake. Serve with warm syrup and your choice of sides.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!