Idahoan® Chicken Broth Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Stew
Creamy mashed potatoes topped with tender chicken and vegetables in a savory chicken gravy.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- ½ cup green beans, cut in ½ inch pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- ½ red bell pepper, diced about ½ cup
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken breast meat
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon each, rosemary, sage, thyme, and extra thyme for garnish
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Chicken Broth Mashed Potatoes
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Add the carrots, onions, celery, and green beans and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the bell pepper and garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down to medium and push the vegetable to one side of the pan. Add the butter and let it melt. Add the flour to the melted butter, stirring constantly to blend until smooth. Cook for one minute.
- Stir vegetables and flour mixture together and slowly add three cups chicken broth. Add the chicken meat and herbs. Adjust seasonings if needed. Cover and simmer until stew is thickened and vegetables are tender.
- While stew is simmering, prepare Idahoan® Chicken Broth Mashed Potatoes following package directions. Divide potatoes between 4 large bowls and serve chicken stew on top.
- Garnish with additional chopped thyme.