Idahoan® Chicken Broth Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy
This easy mushroom gravy is a perfect complement to Idahoans delicious, mashed potatoes.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4-tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar, optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Chicken Broth Mashed Potatoes
- Cook bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat until crispy. Stir occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions and sauté for three minutes until soft and slightly golden. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook another 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Transfer onion mushroom mixture to a plate.
- To the same pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Whisk the flour into the melted butter, continually stirring and cook for 1 minute. Slowly, while whisking; add the broth and cook until thickened.
- Add the bacon, onion, and mushrooms back to the pan and stir until incorporated. Add seasonings and thyme. Add more broth if needed for desired thickness. Keep warm.
- Prepare Idahoan® Chicken Broth Mashed Potatoes following package instruction.
- Divide mashed potatoes into bowls and top with mushroom gravy. Serve hot.