Idahoan Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed Potatoes with Panko Crusted Smokey Chicken Breast and Glazed Carrots
This panko crusted chicken breast is made with just a handful of pantry ingredients. Paired with Idahoans® flavorful Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed Potatoes and sweet glazed carrots it will become a family favorite meal.
- Four chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and sliced evenly into coins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Lay the chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and flatten to about ¾ -1 inch using a meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the panko, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Add melted butter and mix with a fork to blend crumbs and seasonings together.
- Brush each chicken breast with mayo and press into the panko mixture on both sides.
- On a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment, top with a cooling rack and spread chicken breasts out on the cooling rack (to keep the coating crispy). Bake for 15- 20 minutes. Test chicken for internal temperature of 160-165. While chicken is baking, prepare glazed carrots.
- Heat a large skillet to medium- high heat. Add the oil and butter. Allow butter to melt completely. Add the carrots, tossing to coat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Carrots cook more evenly in a single layer. Turn heat to medium and continue cooking for 10 minutes turning carrots occasionally. After 10 minutes, sprinkle in the sugar or honey and toss to coat, continue cooking until a glaze forms. The carrots are cooked when they are tender, and glaze is thick. Add salt if needed. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Prepare Idahoan® Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed following package instructions. Serve with carrots and chicken.