Just when you thought our Loaded Baked couldn’t get any more, well, loaded, this Idahoan® Mashed Indulgence recipe blows that theory right out of the water. Packed with pancetta, two kinds of cheese and topped with crispy shallot rings, it’s sure to show up the main dish, unless it IS the main dish!
- 2 - 4 oz packages Idahoan® Loaded Baked Mashed Potatoes
- 1 package pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium shallot
- Canola oil
- 1 ½ cup Asiago Cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry pancetta until crispy and brown. Set aside on paper towel.
- Slice shallots, breaking apart into rings and dredge in flour.
- Fry shallots in canola oil until crispy and dark brown – set aside on paper towel.
- Mix both cheeses together, reserving one cup for topping.
- Mix the half and half and the water together in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Idahoan® Loaded Baked Potatoes. Blend until smooth.
- Take half of the pancetta and all but one cup of the cheeses and stir them into the prepared potatoes.
- Use butter to grease the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour potato mixture into dish. Sprinkle remaining pancetta and cheeses on top of potatoes. Layer the top of the casserole with the shallots and parsley.
- Warm potato mixture for 20 minutes or until cheese melts throughout. When potatoes are done, garnish with a little more parsley.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!