A delicious recipe with a fun twist — Idahoan Pizza made from potatoes! Easy to make and kid-friendly, this recipe promises to be a family-favorite for years to come!
- 1 4-oz package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 2 oz warm water
- 1 Tbsp active, dry yeast
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 6 oz cool water
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 6-oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 1½ cups tomato sauce
- Toppings: Diced ham, Pepperoni, Sausage, Hamburger, Pineapple Chunks, Green Pepper, Onion, extra cheese…use your imagination.
- Stir the yeast into the warm water. Stir until dissolved.
- Add dry Idahoan Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, and flour.
- Stir all other remaining ingredients into the bowl.
- Knead by hand for approximately 5 minutes, or until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place dough in a sprayed mixing bowl. Set in a warm area, covered with a towel, and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and divide into two halves. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out until it is very thin. The shape of the pizza doesn’t really matter...round or square is fine. The idea is for it to be homestyle, not perfect.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place dough on baking sheet or pizza sheet.
- Top with desired amount of pizza sauce, spreading evenly.
- Evenly distribute the cheese, and your favorite toppings
- Bake at 400°F for 17 to 21 minutes, or until the crust edges become light brown.
- When pizza is done, take out of oven and let rest for 3 minutes. Slice and serve.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!