Who knew that adding mashed potato flakes to cakes and breads adds great texture and moisture? We did, of course!
Idahoan® Potato Chocolate Cake Pops
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Idahoan® Original potato flakes
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup water
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Using a stand mixer, blend all dry ingredients together. Add the butter, water and eggs to the dry mixture and blend.
To make Cake Pops:
- You will need a cake pop pan (can be found at Bed Bath and Beyond or Amazon.com), and 6? sucker sticks and a foam block (like a floral block) to allow pops to cool and set while decorating.
- Spray pan release on the cake pop pan. Add cake batter to the fill line of each hole.
- Secure the top of the cake pop pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the top of the cake pop pan and gently run a butter knife around each cake pop to help release.
- Set cake pops aside.
To make candy coating:
- Melt a 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips, and or white chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring often. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil if coating is too thick after microwaving.
- Prepare bowls with toppings. Dip the end of each stick in chocolate coating and press into one end of a cake pop.
- When all the cake pops have sticks, place them in a freezer for 10-15 minutes to set the chocolate (this will help hold the sticks in place while dipping into additional coating).
- When pops have chilled, dip each pop in chocolate coating, taking care to seal the chocolate around the base of the stick.
- Decorate with desired sprinkles and chocolate drizzles.
- Set each pop into the floral block to let set.
Recipe can also be made in a Bundt pan. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10" or 12" Bundt pan. Mix all of the ingredients together, and then beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Let it stand in the pan, on a cooling rack for 30 minutes.