Leftover Idahoan® Potato Rolls make great little sandwiches… if there are any leftovers! Great for the holidays or just because!
Idahoan® Potato Rolls
Serves: 3 dozen
Leftover Idahoan® Potato Rolls make great little sandwiches... if there are any leftovers!
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup water, very warm for the tap, but not hot
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp instant yeast
- ⅓ cup oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Idahoan® Original Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 5-6 cups flour, as needed
- Scald the milk (tiny bubbles will appear around the edge of the pan when ready, do not boil). Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, place very warm (not hot) water, yeast and sugar. Set aside to activate the yeast.
- Combine the remaining sugar, oil, salt and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Add cooled milk and stir well.
- Mix in the yeast mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Blend in the dry mashed potatoes.
- Add the flour, a cup at a time until it is easy to handle. It should come together and be slightly sticky. Once it begins to form a ball, but still soft, pour out onto a floured surface and knead several minutes, adding a bit more flour if too sticky. You want the dough to be soft and pliable.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in the bowl, turning once to coat the dough with some of the oil. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place. Let rise until it doubles in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- When the dough has risen portion and shape into 36 rolls. Tuck into 2 greased 9x13 pans. Cover and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F 15 - 20 minutes or until golden.