Using Idahoan® Original Mashed Potatoes in this recipe for Lemon Mint Pound Cake not only makes a moist cake but also one that is gluten free!
Lemon Mint Pound Cake
- 1 ½ cups Idahoan® Original Mashed Potatoes (must be the ones in the box – not in the pouch)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 jar (10 oz) lemon curd*
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups blueberries
*This ingredient may contain gluten. If you’re targeting a gluten-free recipe option, make sure to check the label.
- Place sugar and mint in a small food processor; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 4-½ tsp reserved mint mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add mashed potato flakes alternately with ¼ cup cream. Stir in lemon juice and peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13" baking dish. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add ½ cup confectioners' sugar and 1 Tbsp mint mixture; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in lemon curd; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine strawberries and blueberries with remaining mint mixture and confectioners' sugar.
- Cube cake into 2" squares. Layer in glassware starting with a dollop of the cream mixture, a spoonful of berries and a couple cake cubes. Repeat.