Mashed potato gnocchi are a lot easier to make than you might think. Starting with Idahoan Mashed Potatoes really cuts down on the prep time making it possible to have this tasty dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. A big thanks to Macheesmo for sharing their recipe and photo.
- 2 cups Classic Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, maybe a bit more
- Pinch of salt
- Set 6 quarts of salted water to a simmer in a large pot.
- Mix mashed potatoes and egg yolk together.
- Add in flour and salt. If after the flour is stirred in the dough is still sticky, add more flour a little at a time until you have a fairly dry dough.
- Scoop out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead this a few times just to make sure everything is combined well.
- Divide dough into four even pieces and use your hands to roll one of the pieces into a long, even strand approximately ½? in diameter.
- Cut into individual dumplings an 1" long and use a fork to put the signature grooves in each dumpling which helps the gnocchi hold on to the sauce.
- Place gnocchi in simmering water and cook until they rise to the top which signals that they are done.
- Drain and top with sauce of your choice.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!