Mashed potato gnocchi are a lot easier to make than you might think. Starting with Idahoan® Mashed Potatoes really cuts down on the prep time making it possible to have this tasty dinner on the table in about 30 minutes. A big thanks to Macheesmo for sharing their recipe and photo.
- 2 cups Idahoan® Original Mashed Potatoes, prepared
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, maybe a bit more
- Pinch of salt
- Set 6 quarts of salted water to a simmer in a large pot.
- Mix mashed potatoes and egg yolk together.
- Add in flour and salt. If after the flour is stirred in the dough is still sticky, add more flour a little at a time until you have a fairly dry dough.
- Scoop out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead this a few times just to make sure everything is combined well.
- Divide dough into four even pieces and use your hands to roll one of the pieces into a long, even strand approximately ½" in diameter.
- Cut into individual dumplings an 1" long and use a fork to put the signature grooves in each dumpling which helps the gnocchi hold on to the sauce.
- Place gnocchi in simmering water and cook until they rise to the top which signals that they are done.
- Drain and top with sauce of your choice.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!