Ready in 50 minutes
Complexity: Slight Challenge
Serves 18 People
Bread and Rolls
These mashed potato rolls are light as a feather and require no kneading! Bake up a batch for a holiday or any day!
Mashed Potato Rolls
- ⅓ cup Idahoan® Original Mashed Potatoes, dry
- ¼ cup warm water (110° F to 115° F)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 envelope (2¼ tsp) active dry yeast
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup warm milk (scalded and cooled to lukewarm)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Place warm water and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Sift together flour and salt; mix in potato flakes.
- In a mixer bowl, combine yeast mixture, warm milk, butter and egg. Slowly beat in potato-flour mixture, one half cup at a time, until a soft dough is formed. If dough is sticky, add more flour, 2 tablespoons at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is easy to handle.
- Place in a greased bowl and brush with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Turn out on a lightly floured board and roll ½" thick. Cut into 2 inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter or cut into squares and roll up crescent style.
- Place on greased baking sheets and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve warm.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!