Why is it that mini food is just more fun to eat? Whether you make these waffles small or large, they’re a low sugar way to add a tasty new twist to the breakfast table.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup 2% milk
- 1 pouch Honest Earth Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, and extra for brushing on the waffle iron
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup each, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Dash of lemon zest or juice
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks (reserving the whites), the milk, sweet potatoes and oil. Blend together until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg and milk mixture and blend together until no clumps remain.
- Whip the reserved egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites gently into the batter.
- Preheat waffle iron to medium heat. With a pastry brush, oil the waffle iron then add batter and cook until waffle removes easily.
- Top with berry compote and whipped cream.
- Wash berries. Drain, but do not dry.
- Warm in a small saucepan over medium-low heat or, place into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add sugar and lemon zest or juice.
- Cook on stovetop or cover and microwave until the berries have broken down a bit and the juice is at a low simmer. Serve warm.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!