Tender Boneless Pork Chop with Idahoan® Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed Potatoes and Summer Squash
Brining will make a huge difference in having a very juicy pork chop and worth the extra time. Using a cast iron skillet ensures a perfect sear on the chops. The brine can be made in advance. While chops are in the brine you can prep the rest of dinner!
- 4 boneless pork chops about ¾ to I inch thick
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Brine and seasoning ingredients (below)
- I 4-oz package Idahoan° Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- 3 cups zucchini and crookneck, combined
For the Brine:
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cups kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°
For the Pork Chops:
- Prepare the brine. You can save time and make the brine the day before and keep it in a covered container in the fridge until you are ready. In a medium pot, combine water, salt, sugar, rosemary, peppercorns, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir until salt is completely dissolved. Cool. Add pork to the cooled brine, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While the pork chops are brining, place a cast iron skillet in the oven to pre-heat for 10 minutes. Skip this step if not using a cast iron skillet, but pre-heat a non-stick skillet on the stove for a few minutes.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl. Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle seasoning on each side of pork.
- Remove cast iron skillet from the oven, carefully, as it will be hot and place on a burner over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil to the skillet. Place pork chops in the pan and sear for 3 minutes per side. Make sure to sear all sides of the pork. Place the skillet back into pre-heated oven and cook for 6 minutes more. (If not using a cast iron, use a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear 3 minutes each side. Cover with foil and reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 6-8 minutes). Use an insta-read thermometer for an internal temp of 145°.
- Remove cast iron skillet from the oven and place the pork on a plate. Cover with tin foil to rest.
- Prepare Idahoan® Hidden Valley Ranch Mashed Potatoes following package directions.
- For the squash, using the same skillet over medium heat, wipe out any excess seasonings and add a bit of olive oil over medium heat. Place squash in skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide pork, squash, and potatoes among four plates and serve.