Have a super amazing day when you start it with this recipe for Breakfast Burritos using Idahoan® Hash Browns!
Brett’s Super Amazing Breakfast Burritos
Have a super amazing day when you start it with this recipe for Breakfast Burritos using Idahoan® Hash Browns.
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1 - 3 oz package Idahoan® Hash Browns, rehydrated
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 cup yellow, red or green peppers, diced
- 1 cup ham or Spam, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 beaten eggs, scrambled
- Salt and pepper to tase
- 1 cup Monterey or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 - 8" flour tortillas, warmed
For the toppings:
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- In a medium skillet, over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp of the oil. Add the Idahoan® Hash Browns and spread evenly. Let cook for 6-8 minutes before stirring. Stir and continue to cook until desired crispiness. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining oil and add the onions. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the peppers and continue to cook until crisp tender. Add the ham and sauté all ingredients for 2 minutes.
- In a separate skillet, add butter and melt. Add eggs, scrambling and adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the hash browns back into the pepper mixture and blend. Add the scrambled eggs and the cheese. Blend together and divide among the warmed flour tortillas. Serve with the toppings of choice.