A play on lasagna substituting Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes for the noodles combined with the flavors of Buffalo chicken is sure to become a family favorite.
Buffalo Chicken Layered Mashed
A play on lasagna substituting Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes for the noodles.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- 1 package dry Ranch dressing mix*
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lbs rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 can (14½ oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bottle (12 oz) buffalo wing sauce*
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 carton (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- ½ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups (12 oz) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (8 oz) white cheddar cheese, cut into thin slices
- 1 ¾ cups (7 oz) crumbled bleu cheese, divided
- *These ingredients may contain gluten. If you’re targeting a gluten-free recipe option, make sure to check the labels.
- Prepare mashed potatoes following package directions. Stir in packet of dry Ranch dressing. Set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add the shredded chicken
- Stir in the tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper; bring to a boil. Reheat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, ¾ cup bleu cheese, parsley and egg.
- Spread 1 ½ cups sauce into a greased 13×9 baking dish. Layer with a third of the mashed potatoes, 1 ½ cups sauce, ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ⅓ of the cheese slices and ⅓ of the bleu cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.