With Carlton’s Scalloped Potatoes it’s easy to add a gourmet touch to a crowd favorite with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes and Romano cheese. It’s sure to bring the ‘wow’ to any potluck.
- 1 package Idahoan® Scalloped Homestyle Casserole
- 1½ cups boiling water
- ¾ cup milk
- 1½ Tbsp margarine or butter
- ¼ cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1 Tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- optional: ½ cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup Romano cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine potatoes and sauce mix in 1½ quart baking dish.
- Stir in boiling water, milk, and margarine or butter with whisk.
- Mix in pesto, tomatoes and artichoke hearts, if using.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and bake 5 more minutes, or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender (sauce will thicken slightly when cooling).
- Remove from oven and let stand a few minutes before serving.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!