Idahoan® make a great natural, gluten-free breading for chicken thighs, seasoned with Parmesan cheese and herbed with oregano. You’ll get the best, crispiest results with bone-in, skin-on thighs, but you may use boneless, skinless thighs if you wish. A simple salad and perhaps another vegetable like broccoli, asparagus or green beans will round out the meal. If you’re having company, try the version with the onion plank, for a bit of elegance.
- 4 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 Tbsp Idahoan® Original Mashed Potato
- 1 Tbsp finely minced fresh oregano (or fresh rosemary or Italian parsley)
- Olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spray an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Whirl Parmesan, potato flakes and oregano in a small food processor until well mixed and resembling fine crumbs.
- Brush chicken thighs lightly with olive oil. Place thighs in prepared baking dish. Top each thigh with a thick layer of the breading, using all of it.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
- To use boneless, skinless thighs: Follow the recipe except the chicken amount will be about 1 ½ pounds of boneless, skinless thighs. Baking time will be 35-40 minutes.
- For a fancier presentation: Peel the papery skin off several large onions. Cutting through the equator of the onion, cut ⅜-inch thick slices and lay one slice/plank under each chicken thigh. Proceed with recipe using either bone-in or boneless thighs, placing each chicken thigh on onion plank, then piling the topping on as described above, and baking. To serve, slide a spatula under each chicken-onion parcel, keeping onion intact, and transfer to plate.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!