Ready in 35 minutes
Complexity: Easy Peasy
Serves 12 People
Add a crisp green salad and dinner is ready with this recipe for Crab Cakes with Lemon Aioli!
Crab Cakes with Lemon Aioli
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Butter & Herb or Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 16-18 oz cooked crab meat or three 6 oz cans lump crab meat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1 cup panko (Japanese-style breading)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Watercress leaves (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Prepare mashed potatoes following package directions, set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, green onions, red bell pepper, parsley, mustard, and seasonings.
- Add crab meat and mix well.
- Blend in cooled potatoes until well distributed.
- Shape into 2-inch wide patties. Press panko breading onto both sides of each patty. In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp each of the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until golden and heated through.
- Transfer crab cakes to a baking sheet. Keep warm in oven.
- Repeat with the remaining butter, oil and patties.
- To make lemon aioli, combine all ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill. Can be made a day ahead.
- Serve warm on a bed of watercress with Lemon Aioli.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!