This quiche is a delicious way to start the morning whether you’re gluten free or not!
Idahoan® Breakfast Quiche with Gluten Free Crust
This quiche is a delicious way to start the morning whether you're gluten free or not!
- 1 - 3 oz package Idahoan® Hash Browns, rehydrated following package instructions
- 1 Tbso olive oil
- 2 cups kale or spinach, stemmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cheese shredded, fontina, gruyere or other soft cheese, divided
- 1 cup half and half or whole milk
- 5 eggs
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9” pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press rehydrated Idahoan® Hash Browns into pie pan and bake approximately 15 minutes or until potatoes start to brown.
- While crust is baking, add oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the kale or spinach, tomatoes and the garlic. Sauté about 5 minutes, stirring often until kale is softened and tomatoes are slightly browned.
- Remove crust from oven and sprinkle with ½ cup cheese. Top with the tomato mixture.
- In a blender, combine the half and half or milk, eggs and spices. Pour over the ingredients in pie pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until quiche begins to brown and knife comes out clean.