Idahoan® Chicken and Broccoli Chowder comes together in a flash and is a perfect way to warm up on a winter’s day.
Idahoan Chicken and Broccoli Chowder
Idahoan® Chicken and Broccoli Chowder comes together in a flash and is a perfect way to warm up on a winter's day.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups chicken broth (add more or less for desired thickness)
- 1¾ cup Idahoan® Original Mashed Potato flakes, dry
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cups pre-cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded, reserving ¼ cup for garnish
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a medium-large saucepan, over medium high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and sauté until it they become translucent and begin to brown. Add the broccoli and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the potatoes and blend.
- Add the milk and remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste. Simmer on low until chowder is hot and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining ¼ cup of cheese.