Filling and loaded with veggies this makes a great vegetarian entrée.
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken broth, reserving ½ cup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup peas
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Butter & Herb Mashed Potatoes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat broth and bay leaf to a low simmer.
- Add carrot, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and celery and blanch in stock 6 minutes. Add peas and continue to blanch for two minutes.
- Strain vegetables from the stock, reserving broth and vegetables separately. Discard bay leaf.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with the oil. Sauté blanched vegetables, onion and garlic until tender.
- Mix the cornstarch with the ½ cup reserved (cold) broth, blending well. Add to the vegetables.
- Stir until it begins to thicken, then add another 1 cup of the broth to the mixture and continue to stir and thicken.
- Transfer the vegetables to individual oven proof baking dishes or one, 1-quart baking dish.
- Prepare mashed potatoes, following package instructions.
- Spoon prepared potatoes on top of vegetables.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes to warm through our until potatoes are golden.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and fresh herbs.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!