Ready in 1 HOUR
Complexity: Slight Challenge
Serves 4 People
Lamb Chops with Mint Pan Sauce, Idahoan Signature Mashed Potatoes and Sautéed Zucchini Ribbons
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 lamb chops, trimmed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- ⅓ cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Combine apple juice and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium high heat. Add the lamb and cook until brown on one side. Turn over and transfer the pan to the oven. Roast until the internal temperature reads 140 for medium -rare. Transfer the lamb to a plate and tent with foil.
- Place the same skillet over medium- high heat (handle will be hot). Add shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until softened and golden brown, about 1 minute. Add broth, vinegar and jelly and bring to a boil whisking to dissolve the jelly. Reduce liquid by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in half the mint along with any juices from the chops.
- Serve chops topped with the sauce.
- Prepare the Idahoan Signature Russets following package instructions, set aside and keep warm.
- Using a food processor or mandolin, slice one yellow and one green zucchini into ribbons. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the zucchini for 2-3 minutes, turning as you sauté.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!