Keep it light and flavorful with Idahoan® Classic Mashed Potatoes, Seared Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce & Sautéed Vegetables.
Seared Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce, Sautéed Vegetables and Idahoan® Classic Mashed Potatoes
- 6 Tbsp white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp whipping cream
- ½ tsp fresh garlic, chopped
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch white pepper
- 4 tsp unsalted butter, diced
- Lemon zest and herbs for garnish
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 - 6-8 oz halibut filets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small zucchini cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 small yellow squash cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 small red pepper, washed, seeded and slice into strips
- Salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan add white wine, lemon juice, cream, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper. Heat on high heat and reduce by ½ its original volume.
- While the lemon sauce is reducing, prepare fish and vegetables.
- Remove from heat and swirl in diced butter.
- Preheat a non stick skillet on medium high heat with the olive oil. Season the halibut with salt and pepper. Sear until deep golden brown, approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat and cover with foil.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the vegetables until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Prepare Idahoan® Classic Mashed Potatoes following package instructions.
- Plate the mashed potatoes, vegetables and halibut. Drizzle halibut with the lemon butter sauce and garnish with lemon zest and fresh herbs.