Keep it light and flavorful with Idahoan Classic Mashed Potatoes, Seared Halibut with Lemon Butter Sauce & Sautéed Vegetables.
- 6 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch white pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- Lemon zest and herbs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 6-8 ounce halibut filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 small yellow squash cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 small red pepper, washed, seeded and slice into strips
- Salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan add white wine, lemon juice, cream, garlic, turmeric, salt and pepper. Heat on high heat and reduce by ½ its original volume.
- While the lemon sauce is reducing, prepare fish and vegetables.
- Remove from heat and swirl in diced butter.
- Preheat a non stick skillet on medium high heat with the olive oil. Season the halibut with salt and pepper. Sear until deep golden brown, approximately 5 minutes each side. Remove from heat and cover with foil.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil. Sauté the vegetables until crisp tender, about 2-3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Prepare Idahoan Classic Mashed Potatoes following package instructions.
- Plate the mashed potatoes, vegetables and halibut. Drizzle halibut with the lemon butter sauce and garnish with lemon zest and fresh herbs.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!