Double down on the warming efforts with this rich, creamy soup that contains warming spices ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Easily made vegetarian by using vegetable stock and omitting the bacon garnish. It also has the advantage of coming together quickly making it perfect for lunches at home or pair it with crusty bread and salad for a filling dinner.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 pouch Honest Earth® Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnishes: bacon crumbles, sour cream, chopped herbs
- Melt the butter in a saucepan set over medium heat.
- Add the flour, stirring constantly until the roux browns.
- Whisk in the broth and sweet potatoes.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir to completely incorporate.
- Gradually add the milk and bring to a boil for 3-5 minutes until soup begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish and serve.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!