This main course dish combines healthier chicken sausage with cabbage and fluffy mashed potatoes that get a flavor boost from whole grain mustard.
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle® Flavored Mashed Potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 package chicken sausage*
- 1 head of cabbage
- Splash of chicken stock*
- Splash balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp stone ground mustard
- Coat bottom of high sided frying pans of Dutch oven with oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Cut sausages in diagonal pieces and add to heated oil. Cook until heated through and then remove to a plate.
- Quarter cabbage and remove core. Add cabbage to frying pan and sauté.
- Once slightly wilted add chicken stock and cover with lid. Once cooked through splash with balsamic vinegar and add the cooked sausage. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- While all the flavors are mixing in the pan, prepare the Buttery Homestyle® Mashed according to package directions.
- Add stone ground mustard and stir thoroughly.
- Serve cabbage sausage mixture aside mashed potatoes and have more balsamic available as a condiment.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!