This Greek Mashed Potato Bowl is made with lamb, kalamata olives, sautéed onions, fresh diced tomatoes and, of course, Idahoan® mashed potatoes! Finish with a sprinkling of feta, if you’d like, and a drizzle of tzatziki. With grab-n-go ingredients, these bowls are ready in no time and great for lunch or dinner!
You can buy tzatziki sauce, or it’s easy to make your own.
Greek Mashed Potato Bowl
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Buttery Homestyle® Mashed Potatoes or any other flavor favorite, prepared to package directions
- 1 lb prepared gyro meat – chicken, beef or lamb
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives, halved
- Feta, optional
- ¼ cup prepared tzatziki sauce
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add sliced red and white onions and cook until soft and starting to caramelize about 10 minutes.
- Divide the prepared mashed potatoes between 4 bowls.
- Top each with sliced meat and a quarter of the onions, tomatoes and olives.
- Sprinkle with feta, if using, and top with a drizzle of tzatziki sauce.