Grilled Chicken & Strawberry Summer Salad with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Author: Adapted from ACoupleCooks.com
Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- Salt, pepper and your favorite herbs
- Idahoan Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, prepared to package instructions
- 1 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
For the strawberry summer salad
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 handful thin sliced red onion
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds or pistachios
- ¼ cup feta or goat cheese crumbles (optional)
- ½ cup Strawberry Salad Dressing
- Make the strawberry salad and dressing: Get all the details here at acouplecooks.com
- Season and grill the chicken: Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and your favorite herbs. Grill on the BBQ until an internal temperature of 165° F is reached. Remove from heat, cover with tinfoil and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, plate the salad and top with dressing. Slice (if desired) and plate the grilled chicken next to the potatoes. Enjoy!
*Refrigerate the remaining dressing for up to 1 week.