Adding mashed potatoes to chorizo crumbles, peppers and onions create a creamy and delicious filling for these enchiladas.
- 1 cup dry Idahoan® Classic Mashed Potatoes
- ¾ cups of water
- ¼ cup of milk
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 8-10 oz package cooked pork chorizo, chopped
- ½ cup of white onion, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 ½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 - 16 oz can enchilada sauce
- Sour cream for garnish
- 1 bunch cilantro, cleaned and chopped
- 8 - 6" inch tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, bring the water, milk and butter to a boil. Remove from heat and add the Idahoan® Signature Russets. Blend well and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the onion and green pepper and sauté for 2 minutes. Add chorizo to the skillet and continue to cook, stirring to incorporate and warm through.
- Add in the Idahoan® Classic and 1 ½ cups of the cheese. Mix together.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of a prepared baking dish and dip each tortilla in the sauce, then add about ½ cups of the chorizo filling and roll up. Continue, using up the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top and spread sour cream on top of enchiladas and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Or, save the sour cream to garnish after enchiladas are baked.
- Bake enchilada for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole and a side of Herdez Refried Beans.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!