Mashed with Butternut Squash and Kale makes it delicious to go meatless on Monday or any day. This dish is bright and fresh with plenty of stick-to-itness. Make a double batch, or pack the leftovers, for lunch the next day.
- 1 4-oz. package Idahoan Golden Selects Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 cups kale or spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Parmesan
- Heat oil in a medium size skillet over medium high heat and cook the squash, turning often.
- While squash is cooking, prepare Idahoan Golden Selects Mashed Potatoes according to package instructions.
- When squash is almost tender, add the kale or spinach and the garlic.
- Continue to cook until squash is tender and spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide warm potatoes between two bowls.
- Top each with half of the vegetable mixture and garnish with shredded Parmesan
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!