You can make these crepes thin or thick depending on your preference. Be patient as they need more time to golden on each side but worth the wait as they are delicate and have a great texture and flavor. A perfect vehicle for a variety of fillings or toppings.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cup half and half
- 6 level Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp each salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp Italian seasoning, rubbed in palms of your hands
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp shallot, minced
- 4 oz package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic or Butter and Herb Mashed Potatoes, prepared to package directions
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or clarified butter
- 1 package thin sliced ham, warmed
- one bunch asparagus, trimmed, steamed until tender
- Prepared cheese sauce or hollandaise
- Heat oven to 200°F.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients, eggs through shallot, in a medium-size bowl. Blend together.
- Gently fold in mashed potatoes until smooth.
- Preheat a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of butter or oil (you may need to add a bit more for each crepe).
- Using a small ladle (about 2 oz.) pour batter into the middle of the pan and tilt pan to spread the batter around the entire surface as much as possible and as thin as possible. Lift and turn over only when bubbles form on top and the surface becomes dull. It should be easy to lift up from a corner to flip over. Layer each one with parchment or wax paper and keep warm in the oven until serving.
- Layer two slices of ham on each crepe and 2-3 pieces of asparagus and fold over.
- Serve with your favorite cheese sauce or prepared hollandaise sauce.
Mix It Up
Substitute other great products for endless flavor combinations!