Leeks and potatoes have long been a match made in heaven but this recipe for Roasted Garlic Potato Leek Soup pulls in a touch of garlic for a new spin.
Roasted Garlic Potato Leek Soup
- 1 - 4 oz package Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 1 - 32 oz can reduced sodium vegetable or chicken broth*
- ⅛ tsp fresh ground black pepper
*This ingredient may contain gluten. If you’re targeting a gluten-free recipe option, make sure to check the label.
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced leeks and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and pepper. Heat to boiling.
- Stir in dry mashed potatoes until mixture has thickened.